First appeared in
Episode 7: Infectuation
Recently appeared in
Episode 15: Truth. Tears. Ambition.
- "It's true! Everything I have worked towards this past year has been for you! I could have provided for you, taken care of you. It could have just been the two of us!" - Neomutant
Neomutant is a hacker first seen in Episode 7, hired by Tigerlilly to test the Antivirus's efficiency after it was implanted on its carrier. He is in the Fighter class and has the power of electricity. He was in reality first hired by Rubirules to encode the Antivirus well before Kizuna thought of hiring him, and it was he who proposed Flamegirl as the carrier because of his unsatisfied, lingering feelings for her, that would fuel the program and make it powerful enough, providing him with a revenge when she would suffer the effects of the Dragon Bug's creation.
Although he is a hacker, he seems to only be in it to pursue Flamegirl and make sure Alpha doesn't hurt her, due to his one-sided affection for her. At one point, he comments, "To think this child was my competition," meaning that he might also be jealous of Alpha's affections.
He is described by Chris Niosi to have a low self-esteem, as well as being highly charismatic. It is possible that he is like this only to cover up his misplaced chivalry.
In reality, all of his character traits and possible motives since his apparition only are a cover-up for the deep hatred he harbors for his former love. Well-aware of Rubirules' plan - sacrificing her to obtain the energy necessary to control SOFDTI - he acts as though he still loved her and even held a sense of honor and justice in Episode 13, only to lure her into getting trapped inside TOME's moon. Neomutant is consequently extremely vicious and manipulative, something only revealed in Episode 15.
- Flamegirl: Neomutant has some history with Flamegirl, as he used to be in a computer coding class with her in high school. She respected his skill in coding, but he misinterpreted her kindness towards him as affection. He pretends to still harbor strong feelings for her, and tries to protect her from Alpha when he loses control to the Forbidden Power - in reality, that is only a pre-established mission of him. His sole goal is to avenge her refusal of his love by hurting her via the creation of the Dragon Bug.
- Alpha: Neomutant first meets Alpha in Episode 7, and takes an instant disliking to him. He is possibly jealous of Alpha's relationship with Flamegirl. After temporarily paralyzing Alpha, the Forbidden Power takes control of Alpha's body and Neomutant attempts to fight him. In Episode 13, Alpha is forced to ally with him in order to infiltrate D-Buggers' base of operations. This leaves their relationship strained in Episode 14 when the security alarm within the base is activated, but Neomutant ultimately defends Alpha and helps him fight Tigerlilly before being defeated. This doesn't change the fact that Neomutant very seemingly enjoys Alpha's distress upon him learning of his true goal.
- Rubirules : When Ruby came to Flamegirl and Neomutant's high school to give a lecture on programming, he spotted Neomutant's programming skiils and secretly hired him to encode the Antivirus. Later, when Stephanie refused to join him in his secret work, he elaborated a complex revenge plan and proposed her as a guinea pig to Ruby.
- Neomutant's season 1 design is similar to Deoxys from Pokemon. Both have red-orange as a primary color, have a similar body shape, are tall, and have similar colored items on their bodies. The TTA version of Neomutant looked even more like Deoxys, as far as having similar colors, shapes, designs, and object locations. This was because TTA's Neomutant was a sprite edit of Deoxys.
- Even though he has said to have given up on being together with Flamegirl, Neomutant does everything to make it seem like he still has strong feelings for her, going as far to protect her from Alpha when taken over by the Forbidden Power, and saying to his "employer" - who actually only is the pawn of his true boss - "I'll live, but I don't want Stephanie to get hurt again. This had better not get out of hand!"
- Neomutant is one of two secondary characters to have a unique theme song (Spanish Drive). The other is Serpentine.
- Neomutant has spiky fangs underneath his mask, representing how Neomutant is a cruel, manipulative person behind his caring facadé.